It's actually been a great year. I have two new grand-daughters, my youngest daughter is no longer a little girl, but became a woman the day after her twelfth birthday. (she'd die if she knew I wrote that). I finished the outline for two books, though the rewrites will probably take me all of next year, and I submitted at least fifty names to the temple this year and hope to submit many more in the year to come. There were no tragedies, no heartaches, no mishaps, no drastic changes of any kind.
Where I'd like to see some change is in the yardage of my wardrobe, the span of my hips, the girth of my belly, the longitude of my hair, and the latitude of my oompala's. It would also be nice to see an increase in the IQ of every man on the planet, beginning with our world leaders, but since thats not likely to happen,here are some realistic changes.
How about the way I think about food, or a greater reverence for life? I'd like a better understanding of what the Lord would have me accomplish? I did discover something lately that I'm sure everyone else has already thought about on numerous occasions, but for me the idea is a new one. That is that the choices I make in mortality don't just affect me. Oh, I have always known that they can have an impact on future generations and those around me, but I never considered how they affected God. In fact, our first parents choices so affected Him that it required the sacrifice of His dearest Son. And had Jesus not succeeded in his mortal mission, had his choices been different, we would all be lost and God would cease to be God (at least to us). This is what I discovered as I was passing through the room the other day where my children were watching Narnia, (a great parallel to the human drama and our relationship to the Savior), and the Lion (his name escapes me) who represents Christ, was telling the little girl that her choices affected him as well. I'm sure the depths of that statement are paramount, but on the surface is the idea that our choices affect how many of us return to the joy and love of our Eternal Father, to dwell in His kingdom forever. As a mother I can tell you it would absolutely impact me if only a few of my children were with me eternally, so I can only imagine that our Heavenly Father would be greatly impacted if his lost sheep were not gathered in before it is too late.
So with that as food for thought, I'll set a resolution to make sure I, and my children, are not counted among the lost sheep. I'll work harder to strengthen my testimony and those of my young ones. I'll work harder to understand the mysteries of Heaven, at least the ones that are open to us. And I'll work harder to internalize and appreciate life. Judie once told me she felt I would remain on earth until I learned to find joy in living. That may be true. I've never understood this mission very well, but I'm hoping to change that. So bring on the new year. I've got my running shoes on and the fridge is filled with Perrier. Does life get any better than that?

1 comments:
Great comments and life goals. I can tell your a writer; as you can tell I'm not. Lol.
Post a Comment