Stay Well Hydrated:
Try to drink water throughout the day. Many professionals recommend at least 8-10 glasses per day, or a gallon or more for active athletes. Personally, I don’t think you need to actually measure and try to get some preset amount of water each day. Just keep water with you at all times, and keep sipping on it all day long when you feel the need for it. If your overweight, you'll want to add 8 oz. of water for every 25 lbs. over your ideal weight.
Staying well hydrated allows your body to operate efficiently, burn fat properly, maintain maximum exercise performance, and helps suppress your appetite so you don’t overeat. Avoid sweetened drinks such as sodas and juices as the extra calories will usually just be deposited as body fat. Drinking just plain water throughout the day is the best way to go.
On the intellectual side, I'd just like to pass along a recommendation. I am very excited about a new book I'm reading by one of my favorite authors; James Ferrell, titled; "The Hidden Christ" in which he goes beneath the surface of the Old Testament to discover the most powerful messages about the gospel and about life. Here is an excerpt from his opening chapter.
"What if I don't like the Old Testament? That is the question I used to ask--until I discovered what I had been missing, and absolutely fell head over heels in love with the book. But I had to discover something before I fell in love: I had to discover that the most powerful messages--about the gospel and about life--lie hidden just below the surface of the stories in the book. When I learned to ask questions that penetrated the surface, the Old Testament opened up to reveal a wonderland of inspiring truth and practical insight.
What kinds of questions do that?
One question in particular..."
James Ferrell describes his walk through the scriptures as "a walk characterized by divine surprise." How beautiful is that. His book is full of wonderful insights that I just know you will enjoy and treasure.

0 comments:
Post a Comment