Monday-16th:
Spin class - 5:45 - 6:30 am. 45 minutes.
Walking - 7:15 - 8:15am. 6 miles, 60 minutes.
750 Calories burned.
(Don't be too impressed, it's only day 1)
Tuesday-17th:
Bicycled around my neighborhood - 7:15 - 8:15 am. 30 min.
It would have been longer if I hadn't wiped out half way through the ride. My partner, who had a partial lead, decided to turn left instead of our usual right turn, without signaling. I hit her back tire and I went down. I'm alright, but my bike is a bit discombobulated. I burned 365 calories along with a little bit of skin on my ankle. No pain, no gain, right?
Wednesday-18th:
Spin class - 5:30-6:00. 30 minutes
Lax effort, I am so tired, no energy.
I did some abs exercises and then went back to bed.
320 Calories burned.
Thursday-19th:
Nothing today. Bummer.
Friday-20th:
Nothing!
And so it starts...
Do you ever find that the minute you get any momentum in the right direction, something gets dropped in your path and trips you up? Yesterday it was a lack of energy, today I had to go in for some fasting lab work.
I could have exercised after I got home, you might say, but what you don't realize is that once it hits 8:00 am here its too hot to be outside. Heat of the final summer? The fact is, we've had extreme heat here in Houston for over a month. That constitutes a disaster according to the disaster handbook for this area. A brief heat wave is common, even in California, but temperatures over 100 for more than 2 weeks consecutively is not. Thank goodness for air conditioners. If this is not considered bad. What is meant by; "the heat of the final summer?" Perish the thought.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am hoping to see some exercise for Friday. Good luck, keep going.
Right now I'm working on not sitting at the computer so much, so I'm giving myself little projects that need to be done around the house.
Guess I'm going to have to get back to exercising. I can sure tell that I have gotten fatter!
Sorry, that was me that made the post and not Nicole. I forgot to change the box.
Are we posting our exercise times now or not?
One of the best steps you can take is to be anxiously engaged in a good cause. Sound familiar? Thats because it's divine advise, and I've discovered that it is the key to controlling mindless eating and slothful activity. Keep busy with projects that don't trigger your eating response.
Post a Comment