Sunday, October 3, 2010

CONFERENCE

Saturday's conference session seemed to be counseling us to get back to basics--to the fundamentals of the gospel.  While this may seem like a step backwards, I think it's the most profound counsel of our day.  If you read 3 Nephi you can see how pride has rooted itself in the hearts of the Nephites prior to Christ's coming--to the point that they were doomed to destruction.  I have always considered 3 Nephi to be a type and shadow for the last days, and if we are not careful we will suffer the same fate.  Going back to basics seems like a natural step to humility and I would not be surprised to hear at least one of the brethren in the following sessions, be it Priesthood or the Sunday session, speak about pride.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conference was great. I always think that the Saturday sessions are better than the Sunday sessions, although those are great too.

We are watching conference as a family in our pj's eating snacks. (sigh, contentment.) Is that basic? :)

Post a Comment