Last week I attended a ladies night out party at our local LDS bookstore. Among the attractions was a display table featuring THRIVE food storage products. The sample table held cups of assorted freeze dried vegetables, another cup of assorted freeze dried fruits, and a plate of wheat thins topped with chicken salad made with THRIVE freeze dried chicken, onions, and celery.
I first tried the assorted vegetable cup as I've always wondered how good freeze dried vegetables could possibly taste, and was pleasantly surprised. I could totally snack on them every day and never get tired of them. Wouldn't that be great for my diet? They were delicious.
Then I tried the cup of assorted fruits--Pineapple, strawberries, and blackberries. I was surprised by the blackberries, I don't usually go for things like that, but they were my favorite of the three. The pineapple was out of this world, but what pineapple isn't? And the strawberries were flavorful, unlike a competitors brand I've tasted before.
A few weeks ago I opened a competitors can of freeze dried orange segments that have been in my storage for a while, because I was told you could eat them right out of the can. They tasted like they'd been made from under ripe, frost bitten oranges, and nobody will eat them now. But the freeze dried mandarin oranges from THRIVE are full of sun ripened flavor.
I was hesitant to even taste the chicken salad, because as you all know, I don't like chicken. But I was so taken in with the taste of this salad that I ate three crackers full before I forcibly tore myself away from the table. I knew I had to make THRIVE a part of my every day food rotation, as well as my long term storage. I plan to tell everyone I know about it. Many of the products are on sale right now, and further discounts can be obtained through either guesting or hosting a party of your own. The rotation shelves are a great idea too. They allow you to store more product in less space and will rotate according to the date acquired.
So there you have it. My new wonderful discovery. Do with it what you will. But couldn't you just see yourself losing all kinds of weight when you suddenly start snacking on fruits and vegetables instead of breads, cheeses, sugar products, and fattening foods? I believe I'll conduct an experiment on the matter.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
They had a Thrive display at Time Out for Women. I was hoping to win the drawing, but alas, I did not.
I might try it. I was not too impressed by the freeze dried peas that I got from another brand. It seems like they don't fully rehydrate. Yuck!
Don't they have a program where they send you one thing a month or something like that? I'll have to go to the website and see.
Thanks for the info.
Post a Comment