Tuesday, January 26, 2010

LIFE IS EMBARRASSING, AND THEN YOU DIE

Several years ago, I spent some time getting CT scans and MRI's because I had spots on my kidneys. At first, I was excited at the prospect of being done with life on this planet, and anxious to see what was next, but radiology has a way of zapping the life right out of you.

You know those chemo commercials where the woman proclaims her big accomplishment for the day is to pick an apple? Well, thats how I felt. So, when I'd finally had enough, I asked the doctors what they thought (as if thinking was part of their job), and again, they said the scans were inconclusive. I smiled and told them when they figured it out, call me.
One doctor, however, confided that it may very well have just been fat nodules in my kidney. Now that was insulting!

I couldn't hold my head up high in that town anymore, so we moved. Several times.

I have begun, once again, to see a doctor. (a wise decision as long as it's only every ten years or so) and once again, my fat comes back to taunt me. Only this time it's in the liver.

I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that fat is more than subcutaneous, but it does. More to the point, it's embarrassing. When I die, my tomb stone will most likely read; Here Lies Linda, who died of an overdose of FAT!

Oh, if I could go back in time knowing what I know now...(long sigh)

Have a skinny day!

1 comments:

Deanna Willey said...

You didn't say what was wrong. What's wrong with your liver? How do you get rid of the fat in your liver? Just lose weight?

Post a Comment