Thursday, February 18, 2010

LOOKING FOR ANSWERS

I haven't exercised all week.  I'm so tired by mid afternoon that I feel I need a nap, though taking one would be impossible.  I did get to lay down for five minutes last week.   That was nice, but insufficient.  The doctor just increased my Armour medication so she was sure it wasn't my thyroid.  She is testing my adrenal glands, if that comes out positive it would explain a lot, especially my inability to lose weight.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.  Will there be an answer at last?


{THIS JUST IN...}
My cortisol came back low.  That means that I have to take cortisol for a while, and...are you sitting down?  I have to be extremely strict with my sugar and carb intake or I will GAIN WEIGHT!  Clear this up for me if you would, because I'm confused.  Didn't we get in line for "It's a Small World"?  Because it feels more like Mr. Toads Wild Ride.   To what lengths will I have to go to lose a few inches?  I don't want to play this game anymore.  Somebody get the manager please I'd like to lodge a complaint!  



2 comments:

Deanna Willey said...

When do you get your test results back? If there is something wrong with your adrenal gland will that in any way be counter effective to what your trying to do now? What does the adrenal glad have to do with weight? What test did they take to find out your cortisol levels were low?

Sorry things aren't going so well for you. Do you have to be strict because of medication or because that's what the doctor said for you to lose weight? I guess what I want to know is what is it in your body that would make you have to be more strict that others?

Details girl, I want details!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could lodge a complaint and the manager would try to fix it? I mean, instead of telling us to eat right, exercise and keep trying.

I didn't sleep much last night (weird dreams) which is why it's three in the afternoon and I still have my pj's on. LOL

L.C. Lee said...

Deanna:

I haven't spoken directly to my doctor yet, I've been very busy today, I just spoke to an assistant who told me the doctor wanted me on cortisol. I actually refused until I speak to the doctor. Cortisol is NOT something you want to take if you don't have to. Google it, you'll see what I mean. I also want to research the adrenal glands so I can sound somewhat intelligent when I ask questions about the test and it's relationship to the cortisol issue. If she doesn't contact me tomorrow then I'll call her on monday.

The reason for the strictness is because Cortisol messes with your insulin levels and with liver and kidney function, it lowers your immune efficiency and a whole slew of other negatives. If you don't really watch your carb and fat intake you WILL gain weight. I figure I don't have enough to gamble with so I'm not playing that game.

I'll research Adrenals and take something a little more natural or request a different test.

Post a Comment