Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mambo butt #5

Oooh! lost a whole 4 ounces...
What a jip! But I will not give up! I shall prevail! Even if I have to go back onto that cursed yeast free diet. (okay, I'm not that desperate).

Does anyone know anything about the South Beach diet? Thats what my doctor wants me to go on. I stood in Target and perused the book for a few minutes and decided it wasn't realistic. I'm too old to change my entire list of food choices. That book was full of foods I don't normally eat, don't like, or wouldn't take the time to prepare, especially if its just for me.

Wasn't there a program somewhere, at one time, where you could put in the foods you normally eat and it would spit out a menu based on those foods? If not we could make a fortune developing one.

weight stands at 217.6
My measurements are mammoth. Even mount Rushmore doesn't have a boulder big enough to chisel out my butt.

I entered my Luna bar into the nutrition data comparison and while it offered excellent nutrition on a low glycemic scale, it showed 3 stars for losing weight and 4 stars for gaining. Does this ever get less confusing? Clearly, I'm frustrated. Any suggestions?

1 comments:

Deanna Willey said...

South Beach diet is just another low carb diet. It's just not quite as strict as the Atkins which is very strict. I'll tell you what my dietitian told me. She said, "Eat good carbs and good fats and cut out the bad carbs and bad fats. If you do that you will lose weight and be eating more healthy."

Let's face it, we already know what we should and shouldn't be eating. It's just a matter of getting used to the new foods and going without others. Not to mention the new mind set. See, simple.

Post a Comment