I'm so full of gratitude at this time of year, and why not? The adverse conditions of summer are a thing of the past, the cool breeze allows us to reacquaint ourselves with nature, the holidays are around the corner, and the anticipation of visits from family and friends fills our hearts with excitement and our souls with desire. I often think God brought me to this earth in this season because it is filled with all the things I love and all the warmth I need. I'm grateful.
As I round out another year of life, I find myself preparing for a different set of priorities. Though my values remain the same, my preparations are turned from an acceleration toward goals and dreams, to a slowing down, putting behind, and remembering with fondness all that I was given. While I hope to have many more years in which to gather memories, if this were my last, I would still be full of gratitude for the bounty I was given while I was here.
So while we continue to work to advance in health and strength, may we find solace in the steps we have conquered and the gifts we have left behind. May we be grateful.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I like your thoughts about preparing a different set of priorities this time of year--I do much the same thing. The cooler weather reminds me that it's time to slow down a bit and reorganize and cull the clutter that I've collected over the past few months from both my home and my inner-self. And I must admit, the holidays still light up my soul even after all these years!
Post a Comment