Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SLOW BUT STEADY........STILL

Walked 2 miles yesterday. I'm really just trying to keep busy, and this is certainly the season to do it. I don't dare weigh or measure myself. I'm afraid it will send me into a depression, especially when Deanna is losing so much weight. That already weighs on me. But once Sierra gets here she's going to make sure I get out and walk every day. (yeah!)

I was thinking the other day about how much of our (my) life is occupied working on callings and other gospel related activities. In addition, much of our income is spent on charitable donations and emergency preparation because of gospel principles. The gospel infiltrates every part of our lives (not to mention our pocket books) I'm not complaining mind you. Quite the contrary. It's actually a blessing, because I realized what life would be like without that influence. It would be just what you see in the world today -- a society lost in themselves. I see how our society has become so "ME" oriented because they've turned their backs on God (religion) and turned their focus to themselves. No wonder they are so desperate for cosmetic corrections, selfishness has made them ugly.

So just for today, think about the sunflower always facing the sun, and turn your focus away from the world. You'll be glad you did, and so will we.

3 comments:

Deanna Willey said...

Love your comment.

And NEVER compare yourself to someone other than yourself.

Judie said...

I agree with Deanna. We are who we are and we can only be the best we can be. I hope you give yourself credit for all your success and leave it at that.

Good luck to us all during the holiday season. I'm on week two of my yeast free diet and although it's easier this week than last week, I can see Thanksgiving and Christmas being problems! I'm looking for a recipe for a pumpkin pie that doesn't use dairy (eggs are okay) or sugar (I can use Stevia or Xylitol). I know I can come up with a crust that uses a gluten free flour--it's the rest I'm having problems with. I wonder what coconut milk would taste like in a pumpkin pie coupled with Xylitol or Stevia? Any suggestions?

Judie said...

When is the Holiday Cookbook due out? I'm anxious! :)

Post a Comment